Middle School Writing Contest
Middle school students who love to write are encouraged to submit their pieces to the Writers 4 A Purpose Middle School Writing Contest!
- Ages: Grades 6 - 8
- Acceptable categories: short story, poetry, or personal essay
- Minimum Requirements:
short story or personal essay: 1,000 words
poetry: 50 lines (this can be distributed through multiple poems)
- Maximum Length: NONE!
- Topic: Pieces may be written on ANY topic.
(However, they cannot include excessive violence, profanity, or positive references to sex, drugs, or alcohol.)
*ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, JANUARY 8TH, 2019!
- Writers may only submit in one category.
- Pieces must be saved as a PDF (size 12, Times New Roman, double-spaced)
- Writers must submit a parent permission form. This can be attained by clicking the link below. The completed permission form should be included as an attachment.
- Pieces and submission forms should be submitted via email to
- Pieces will be evaluated through the following criteria:
- 1ST PLACE: $100
- 2ND PLACE: $50
- 3RD PLACE: $25
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON OR BEFORE
FEBRUARY 8TH, 2019!
- Writers will maintain all rights and ownership of their pieces.
- Winning entries will be featured on www.writers4apurpose.org